View Single Post
Old 31-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaddaz View Post

Bury is my local club and I would love to go outdoor racing again but three things are preventing me from doing this

1 - racing is timed poorly and takes up a full day when half a day is all that's required ( the rest of the day can then be family time)

2 - why on earth would I want to race on carpet outdoors ( yes I mean astro turf)?

3 - most persons that take part in our hobby are also Motorsport fans and you seem to have a knack of clashing with the f1 which, with me now having to pay for the privilege to watch I certainly am not going to miss it

If you have the funds my suggested priority is addressing the lack of shelter on the rostrum.

I'm not currently a member but I am happy to help set up if you go down the grass route

Darren.
as far as i remember racing has always been a full day, there is no way your going to get it all done in half a day. grass tracks are long gone, you need too much room as the grass wont last 5 minutes with the cars now and you would have to avoid the worn areas, maybe you would get away with small areas like straights but thats it really. As far as F1 goes its getting duller each year so watch moto gp instead or record it.

personally i prefered the old track but s*&t happens, i think what we have now and those involed have done a good gob in keeping the club going when so many others have shut over the years so thumbs up to them. there are definate areas that can be improved as there always is with everything but you are never going to make everyone happy