View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Parker View Post
Hi Neal

Your .5 needle/nozzle combo should be fine

Mentioned already by Kenny createx is probably the best known brand you can use although I've used hobbynox without issues

Thin by 3/1 don't be overly concerned about the shelf life after reducer has been used, just as long as its kept out of cold and paint is given a good mix next time its used should be fine

I tend to use reducer, tap water if I don't have any. You can use any reducer whether it be RCS, hobbynox etc it's not vital you have to keep to same brand as the paint you use

One thing though do not use a chemical based thinner/reducer on water based paint
Cheers Mike, i'll try getting some createx next. I was a bit confused by their auto-air range, airbrush colours and wicked range, which to use, etc. some don't seem compatible.

I picked up a hobbynox reducer, but not had chance to use it yet.
3:1 ratio, do you mean 3 paint to 1 reducer, or the other way round?

I've been recommended RCS paint, but it doesn't seem to be available now.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------