View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013

Personally I'd like the front tyres to be controlled just so I don't have to carry so many about.

I'm lucky enough to be assisted with tyres and if I really wanted to I could run new every run, however most of the time I don't think I need to.

However having been around for a fair while I can tell you now, like others have said, with no control tyres it will be horrendous, the amount you used to have to take just in case they worked and then something else came out was just crazy!

In the ideal world in my head qty, type and compound would all be controlled.

This year for 2wd I carried schue 2wd spikes in 3 compounds, staggers slim in 4 compounds, fat staggers in 3 compounds, bb spikes in 3 compounds, I then had for 4wd full fat schue fronts in 3 compounds, bb fronts in 3 compounds, then another load of 2wd fronts staggers and slim minis and bb 2wd fronts just in case! Now that was just stupid.

I like things to be fair and I don't think it is at the moment as if you have money tyres aren't an issue, let's make things as equal as possible for everyone.

I don't buy the "it gives me a tuning option" you can always make something work and to me as long as everyone is on the same so what.

Personally I would have liked, for nationals, 1 manufacturers tyres allowed at each meeting, so you could say schues at rounds 1 and 4, dBoots at 2 and 5 and BB's at the other 2, just as an example to open it to more makes and also so you do not need to carry so many tyres to each meeting.

E