View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
I agree that control tyres reduce the costs, but this said I race rallyx nationals (not as many as I used to) and TBH I have never wished for a tyre rule, as I don't think type of tyre people are using makes a difference as at top level meetings most people will know the tyre they want to use for the track they are racing on, The BIG difference is the number of sets some racers use that others just can't afford to do.Now that I would love to see limited....

would removing the tyre rule at 10th meetings really change the field? most big meetings in the uk for tenth seem to be astro, what tyres are most going to use anyway? The only real downside I can see is the use of say minipins that could be one run wonders

But It would be good to see the market domination that schumacker have broken, Not against a UK company, just other firms may put more effort into creating tyres for UK tracks if they knew they had a chance of them being used at top level and winning top level national meetings in the uk.
It would not change the field but allow the average racer to afford to run on level playing field tbh one set of tyres would be better one compound one type I used to race in the open rule days and yes you had bags of tyres to compete ridiculous cost and most of all no fun which is what this sport is about if it was down to me I would say four row spike and three row fronts 4 wd and two row studs 2wd they work and last the day