Thread: Foam inserts???
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo View Post
Hi JCB I've just had a look at these inserts, have you tried the dual density ones. What situation do you think they'd be good?

They are good if your wanting a little extra forwards drive from the tire, which the softer middle will give, while the standard outer edges help to reduce the tire rolling under the wheel. I have used them in ballistics on really wet tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo View Post
Do any of you ever run the schumacher silver minispikes? If so, on what surface and which insert? I tried them on a cut up dusty grass track with a softish insert and they felt like they moved around too much to give good grip and side bite. Maybe a chubby firm insert would make the difference?
Yep, I have run silver round coastals grass/dusty track in the wet and dry where I thought they were dreadfull. They seem best on wet / damp astro, but am not sure they would work at Boughton as the pile is quite long. definitely need to use the chubby inserts with them too.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!