Thread: RC Game?
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2014
Administrator

Default RC Game?

If people wanted to play an RC game - what sorta stuff would you want, what look would you like, what level of realism etc...?

Not talking about a simulator for practicing but a GAME for PC using keyboard or joypad preferably.

I had an rc game on my gameboy and it was fairly basic - win races I think and get points to buy a faster motor.
How important are the physics to control your car in the air and time jumps. It could never be as fast as RC for people to enjoy - you'd stress out and go nuts, probably fitting for hours.

Would you want upgrades to mean something - would you want a shaft driven car / belt driven to be better / worse. Would cartoony / slightly exaggerated and rounded buggies be acceptable?

Would you want real cars in there licencing permitting or just made-up-a-likes?

Damage?

What about the gameplay aspect - would you want things other than your driving to decide your fate. I'm talking style points here. ++ for a smooth run over the tripples. ++++++++++ for a nice move in the air recovered and landed nicely - stuff like that.

Multiplayer - do you want to fight your mates online? Or a simgle player only game. TBH I don't know what is needed for the multiplayer aspect since running dedicated gaming servers isn't my thing. lol.

Commentary (obviously not real, live) - crowd jeering/cheering?

Motors tyres electrics - how if at all would you want them part of the granturismo style upgrade path to actually matter? The real racing these days is limited by skill mostly for off road. The cars are easily too fast - but that said, if it's a GAME then you can have pickup frogs if you want. So anything goes.

How much track do you want to see - say you had an isometric 3/4 view above following your car - perhaps with a lap map at the top of the screen.

Racing only on tracks - or also include bonus skateparks or street setups you can bash on?

I'm not a gamer as I said. I sometimes race sims like iracing or play starcraft1 and 2. Generally I'm not interested as it's a waste of time when I could be creating instead of playing.

Given the tiny RC market - wider appeal would need to be a part of it. Tiny market I mean in racing - since even working at a manufacturer they seemed to think it was all about the top racers..... failing to realise people buy far more RC vehicles to DICK ABOUT WITH - including race cars. Am I the only one who knows this or what? lol.
I know this is a race forum primarilly but myself - I'd happily drive a realistic defender 90 round my garden at barely just over 0mph. Or take a big truck to a skate park and stunt it up.
I regularly do backflips off a tree in my garden with my race 4wd - and sometimes manage a transition to a wall ride on the garage before landing perfectly. (not always).

Anyway - that's where I come from in RC. The last time I went to Belgian GP and raced my first final in the wet with the wrong tyres and a one way in my car. That's the most fun race possibly I've ever had. turning last second on a jump and landing sideways, and drifting every corner like a lunatic. I came last btw.

So yeah - bearing the non-racer element that might know something or might know nothing at all and just want a fun game. That's how it needs to be looked at. If people can throw out some ideas on some of these points it would be great.