View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012
Mad Member

The Acom is a radio I've seen used... ever that isn't to say it's bad but maybe get down to your local club and see what cheaper radio's are being run. There are no set up options on that one and although I appreciate you're doing this on a budget don't mess yourself later down the line by having to spend more money and then not be able to sell the one you have because it's so so basic. It's false economy. The budget spektrum wheel radio with the dials to adjust everything is very very underrated, (CLICKY) I think it's about 70 quid ( but you'd still need a servo ). If you buy from JE SPares as you're a member on here you get a discount too

People upgrade all the time, you might find a used one on the for sale section on this site or ebay ?

Also the servo that comes with it is very very basic, with plastic gears. You might find better results getting an etronic's radio, cheap, not too bad and they do metal geared servo's for about 20 quid if you're buying new. Otherwise look out on here or one of the other forums for metal geared ones.

If you can get a good servo to start with the money will be well spent as you won't have to replace it in a few months, it will help you hold your line on corners too ! Link to cheap servo...

My paintwork thread