View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggs98 View Post
would be nice as we havent been able to get a signal for 2 nationals now
The program that you run has been modified, so if you are running the "old" version you may experience problems.
It would be interesting to know from people who have the latest version if they are receiving ok?

At Kiddy, we had the Hub located on the rostrum - some people had no issues at all, whilst others closer to the track did have issues.
For Oswestry the Hub was connected via wi-fi to race control and was located in Phils tent, at the top left hand corner of the track as viewed from the rostrum (i will let Phil explain the techie bit if you really need to know ).
Both the commentators laptop and the referee's laptop on the rostrum were also connected to the Hub via wi-fi. During the 2wd event, neither of those could maintain a signal, so we reverted back to having the Hub in Race Control and connected the commentator screen via cable, and the rostrum screen stayed connected via wi-fi. If I remember correctly, no further issues arose on those screens on Saturday.
However, using the same setup on Sunday for 4wd, we seemed fine for approx 3 rounds of qualifying, but lost signal after that and could not see a wireless Network at all.
As a last resort we powered off the Hub and plugged it back in again, connectivity was then re-established. I think that the Hub came out in sympathy with us as it was fairly warm.

We are working to try and resolve the problem, but hopefully you will agree that the commentry screen and ref's screen should take priority in these situations, over the "nice to have" screens in the pits.