View Single Post
Old 16-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timee80 View Post
very handy info / tips to have. Thanks
Do you have any setup advice for running the 22 rear motored? I plan to be different to everybody else in the uk and try it this way round first.
Time will tell if im doing right or not
TBH, we never ran the rear car very much during testing over here as we needed to concentrate more on the mid car.
However, when we did run one, we used a very similar starting set up - it felt incredibly lush to drive and was very rewarding when you hooked everything up together. I was a fraction slower with the rear car than I was with the mid but it felt rewarding to drive.
I would suggest that the 4 hole rear pistons might actually be better suited to a rear configuration when taking into account the mass of the motor helping to dampen the rear end.
I did end up using a spring rate that was slightly lighter on the front when using the rear motor car - but I have to say that my set up was far from perfect and I ended up going the wrong way during the day which ultimately didn't become apparent until later.

Definately worth a go though - there's no reason why the rear car wouldn't work and for some drivers, it will feel more natural to drive a traditional rear-motor buggy than a midcar. That said, I do believe that the nature of our track designs and surfaces lends itself to a mid configuration so even if the rear car feels nicer, the mid car will probably end up being faster.

But that's the beauty - you can run it which ever way you want.