View Single Post
Old 28-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzie View Post
Tip - The only thing I’ve done is strip a spur gear as the motor mount vibrated loose. I’ve now used some lock tight on the motor screws. Just thought I’d share this to prevent anyone else stripping one.
Have you got the little grub screw that screws into the clamp over the motor cam in?

When I built mine (same applied on the B44 motor clamp) I put the cam into the motor mount, screwed the clamp down on top of it, covered the little grub screw in threadlock (plenty) and screwed it in just until it stops. Then remove the clamp and screw the grubscrew in another half turn or so, so it's just proud on the inside of the clamp. That way when you tighten the clamp down the grubscrew bites into the cam a bit and stops it moving. It also pushes the clamp off the cam a touch in the middle and puts a bit of bend into it, so you've got the clamp tryng to spring back straight working to hold the motor still too.

Current setup update, as the first setup sheet I posted but with the following changes...
Front shocks - 2x1.6mm piston, 40w AE oil, same red springs.
Rear shocks - 2x1.7mm piston, 27.5 AE oil, blue springs, inner on the arm.
Diff oils - 7k front, 300k centre, 5k rear.

I'll get a proper setup sheet done after Southport in case it evolves much further