View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
Ok that got me, i was looking on the other thread lol..

We really need to see the Serial Number. Starting with 3,4 and 5 correspond with the year of manufacture. 1 and 7 starting numbers are different matters altogether...

If its a '93' prefix its a Predator with a 95 Pro rear wing
If its a '94' prefix its a Predator XT with a 95 Pro rear wing
If its a '95' prefix its a 95 One.

My guess would be a earlier '94' XT. The main reason there were very few '93's actually made for starters. And there were hardly any at all 95' Ones around. And later ones could have the large woven propshaft slipper fitted which is quite rare, which this one doesnt. The wing could indicate a '95 One but most probably just a replacement wing as the original plastic ones do bend easily.

Someone has also replaced the rear turnbuckles. Wheels would be nice to be orange but white was also correct. They also did the f&r wings in white, but very rare to find these days.

Rest of the buggy looks in excellent order and 99.9% period. Wishbones are all nice and correct - i see so many 'early' Preds with later wishbones its untrue - front gearbox top looks to the the correct one as is the nosecone. U/J's look correct. The car looks barely used, if at all.

Rear turnbuckles youll need to change and i'd personally match up the damper springs to the same colour instead of one set red and one black - just looks nicer in my opinion being matched. Your missing the lexan 'aero' wing covers but thats no suprise, they never lasted long and most people never even put them on tbh. Thats about it from what i can see in that single picture.

An excellent example of an early Predator, there are very few about like that in that condition and that originality. Most are 'bitsa's' that youd spend too much time and money tracking down the correct period parts. Originality is Key with Preds, this one has it in spades.

Put some decent pictures up when you get it
Thanks dude I'll get some more pics when it lands but from the ones I was sent it looks as it's hardly had any use, I was going to run it but I'm having second thoughts now