View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Seems to me that some clubs have given their own members the nod or pre-booked them into the regional. I dont know if this is common practice or the standard across the board. But with a large club with say 100 members restricting the amount of heats would limit the availability of places to visiting drivers there for clubs with smaller amounts of members would have more space for visitors. Just my thoughts
I'm not really bothered about racing at southport it's my least favourite club in the north west I think it takes its self far to serious and most of the members are arrogant and unwelcoming remember that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it !!

I can definitely say that this is not the case for the Batley Regional. I have emails or PTs from all drivers who are entered and they would also be able to confirm that I have responded to their emails to confirm their entries.

I did send a text message to all drivers at our club (which is a system I have used for a while to inform them of meetings or cancelled meetings) and some of them have not yet booked in but they were all given the opportunity.

It has always been the responsibility of the driver to book in for meetings and once the outdoor meetings start it is up to them to make contact with the clubs involved.