View Single Post
Old 15-05-2012
Mad Member

Talking

Found the pics on here!

It was Dan Greenwood who was the lucky guy from the York club and here is my beloved car which I swapped with him for some motors nice guy though and at the time I wasn't using it so not all bad He put some action pics on oOple too a few years back but I haven't found those yet.

I painted the shell with aerosols when I was about 14 and still remember my mum picking me up from school after about 4 months of daily nagging on my part and she said "are you ready to go and get your RC10"......brilliant.....I must have been a spoilt brat!

That motor is what Dan put in, I actually bought a Trinity Brian Kinwald special edition mod motor (10x2 I think) which I ran in it briefly. On a family holiday to Orlando I bought some Lunsford Ti turnbuckles, rpm blue ball ends, MIP ballraced steering and Ti hinge pins.....that car was gorgeous.

My local model shop (Phills in Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne - now in North Shields I believe) machined the rear motor plate for me as per Brians car and I also polished the upper chassis edges.

Here's the link to the thread and pics below makes me feel better that I found them!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...8558#post18558

and here it is when he had it ready to race in 2006: