Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
why don't you try adding a small amount of plumbers ptfe tape around the thread, it may help to stop the king pin coming loose.....or a small srew like associated use to stop the hinge pins falling out of the w/bones, you won't be able to tighten the screw but it will stop the king pin from falling out at least.

im using teamline hubs with the 3racing zx5 knuckles, when i cut the kingpin peg/boss down for it to fit into the 'c' hub i made sure it was a snug fit ( think it was .8mm i machined off ) so the shoulder of the king pin can lock up against the knuckle tight, as the shoulder of the kingpin is longer then the width of the bearing it will still turn free as it should. Never had a problem with this always tight when i check.
Problem I have is i dont have a machinist close by and do use a teamline hub so would use those knuckles if I could machine down. Issue is my cars stupidly fast so if it starts coming lose its gone, vibration comes into effect as soon as it comes loose.

Ive got an idea on doing a 3d print but with a thread lock nut size hole within the knuckle to fit a thin threadlocked nut in to guarantee it staying in. This is causing me major problems at the moment and need a resolve quickly.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS