Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider SCT View Post
So say for instance your in the top heat and you have an issue on lap 1 and that knocks you to last place overall where do you start in the next round?, would finishing 1st in heat 4 put you in 10th in heat 3 for example?
It would all depend where you finish overall!
Look at it like this, a round of 2wd would be like one race, you couldn't however have 40 trucks on the track at the same time for obvious reasons, so it would be all based on where you finish overall, which would be based on how quick you went around. You may be in heat 2 but have the second quickest time, that would but you second on the grid in the top heat the following round.

Quote:
Take for example Justin's and my weekend at A1 we both had 2 last places overall due to breakages. I'm not sure on Justin's exact placings but the 2 remaining successfully runs put him into the A and the same for me with a 3rd and 4th overall.
You're looking at it from a finals point of view, in this way we wouldn't have finals, just 6 or 7 races all getting their own points.

It's like having 6 championship rounds at each venue, each race is individual to the championship and doesn't effect the next race as such.
This also means that if you're at a venue with more than one track or layout you could change that during the day too as it's a different championship round.
It also means if you have to leave early, maybe due to work, family commitments or breakages, you can still get some rounds in that count rather than it not even be worth the trip (obviously if you break you've already made the trip)

Quote:
I've done the qualifying from the lower heats last year and most of time it was from the back of those heats, if your the better driver it's down to you to get to the front of that heat so you start 1st next time and get clear track to exploit and you get 4 chances to do it and only requires a 50% success rate
If you finish last tough, maybe that's a championship round you would drop, we would all have those days.
But working up for your next round would be easier as like i say it's like one big race with 40 cars and you only have to get up to the top 10 to be in with the better drivers (I'm sure a proper 40 car race would be great fun if there was room on the tracks )
If you win a race with a time good enough for a top ten why should you have to race against lesser drivers next heat too?