View Single Post
Old 27-04-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Hi Darren i could understand that if Ross mods had been doing laser parts for ages but it's all new stock I think they might be just trying to get a presence on the 1/10 Market well it's working for me anyway I'll obviously go to my cheapest part supplier
Is a 50% Mark up the norm? If Je buy the pads at £8.34 which I know they do then sell for £12.87 that's a 50% Mark up f**king scandalous if you ask me it makes their 10% loyalty discount for spending over £1500 in a year an absolute insult!!!
It is not my place to discuss on an open forum what mark up certian shops do or dont apply to their pricing, but bare in mind that £8.34 will be probably be plus VAT (making it £10.01) plus then they will offer FREE shipping I guess (which all costs with postage and jiffy bag etc possibly another 50p - £1) then they offer 10% loyalty discount as you say.........

There is not a lot left of the profit on that £12.87 sale to pay the bills, the staff, all other over heads AND still make a living in this industry when you work it all out.........
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636