Thread: Set ups!
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Hi Ash, I have had similar difficulties with my lipo set up and have yet to find a set up that feels 'right'. At Kiddy it was understeer one minute then hooking up the next (my excuse for you beating me in the final!). I have not tried weighting up to the levels that Ian and Danny have as was hoping i could find a balance without adding a load of ballast. I tweaked a few things at Kiddy after a chat with Danny which helped matters but was still not right. I have found running the front shocks a bit flatter works well as Danny suggested to smooth things out if it's hooking up but can suffer a bit with understeer in places. I'm going to have another play before Sunday and see how it goes this time. The problem is finding a set up that suits your driving style as much as the car itself IMO.

Chris Robinson
That last bit is VERy true. My set ups are a bit wierd, purely because i have changed how i drive to suit them. Its the only way that i can get enough steering and balance for me. What can i say im strange

Ill have a look at the track at the weekend and then change the shock positions to suit. Im fairly sure i'll leave the internals the same as well as the positions of everything else bar the shocks. Like i say, if there are loads of "stop - start" corners then ill leave it as the set up i run is great for them, it basically straighterns up the car quickly and gives me oodles of drive. If its all about corner speed i'd be F()()ked.

We shall see what happens