Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Welsh how did it go in the petit event ???

mvh isobarik
Terrible!!! Practice i broke the front gearbox, did three laps. First race i did three laps and the two screws on the spur gear somehow managed to loosen off and stripped my spur gear. Second race the rear hub cracked on the ramp just before we pulled up to start. I did two laps until it broke off. Third race i drove safely and avoided crashing but held back a lot just to get a run. Then Dan Greenwood decided to try and set up my car. Got to say he did well as even though i couldnt push hard as id like (it was a bit high off the ground) and had mini pins on which i didnt feel were suited for my car) into the corners i did improve by two laps but two rounds wasnt enough to do much in qualiying. Still i did get put in a race with mr durango amd a few other nice blokes including Fabian who is a master at machining alloy chassis. Still i think im going to look at a few other set ups and need a spur gear to test my zx slipper system to stop it wheelting. We changed the rear end and made it worse so did terrible in the I final. Im a bit miffed as i can make a lot higher so need to rethink more on my setups.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS