Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth898 View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles welshy, were you running your vintage lazer? Ema had mentioned he wanted to build a racer with his spare zx parts and that got me thinking, back in the early 90's motors could only produce so much power, these new brushless systems might be to powerful for those older gearing systems and cars. I've seen some tracks with virtical turns!!! The site sponsor shumacher, witch makes the beautiful Cat SX that I'm waiting to recieve, would be more of a contender.Thats not to say I've thought thae same way but I don't think it realistic to compete with the lazer, as good as I think it is. Maybe its time to create a vintage division.
I agree, a vintage season would be perfect but the Lazer cars can handle the power, heck mine was one of the fastest in a straight line, just that it wouldnt go round the corners as fast. The ZXS is not an easy car to set up and I do not like high riding buggies so kindof annoyed Dan Greenwood when I couldnt drive it that well. Still he was correct but didnt know that its hard to set up especially to my style of driving. Not as easy to dial in like the B44 or Cat SX (Kevin Moores was stunning).

Im now on for getting a new car but need to sell my new unused prototype (im keeping my race buggy) but the going rate for this one is going to be high £800 to whoevers door for a signature as its one of the rarest out there. Comes of course with a new uncut shell and undertray (the original Kyosho ones).

Still I enjoyed myself a lot. 2wd was dialed by the final so was a bit late but boy did it shift in that final. Still thats going to be sold as well and looks great with my dragon shell on it.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS