View Single Post
Old 27-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimini View Post
thanks for the input !!

as far as I know......there are at least 3 versions.....not sure about the year of release......

- 5 battery slots
- 6 battery slots
- for Lipo use
Hi !

I'm really surprised guys are still on the hit to find MiD44 cars and parts

The first 5 prototypes were designed to accept 5 ou 6 NiMH cells battery depending on driver choice. Mine, the first one, has been hand produced with the help of Dremel tool, and was a 5 slots chassis. It was in early 2008

Then in mid 2008 year, Team-Azarashi made the next real production kits including 6 slots chassis.

In 2009, an new chassis has been designed to be LiPo friendly (no NiMH slots) and with motor position further back. Only 4 prototypes have been produced. 2 of them were equipped with Durango DEX410 gear diffs. It was the MiD44'09 version

In early 2011, I designed another MiD44 version named MiD44'11 featuring same MiD44'08 motor position but with a more "twistable" chassis. 7 kits produced by Model Concept France have been released for the team drivers

Now I think due to Team-Azarashi MiD44'08 worlwide distribution, most MiD44 still running are '08 models. Second hand 5 slots '08 , '09 and '11 are rare because drivers still got them in their museum showcase.

oOlivier