View Single Post
Old 30-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Ok, we've given it some thought and figure the "fairest" way to do it is:

1. By default all future winter series finals will be 10 cars as far as entries allow. This is on basis this allow drivers the maximum opportunity to earn points in their final - for example you qualify 10th and can still win the A final.

2. Points awarded on finishing positions in finals so winner of A gets 100 points, 2nd in A gets 99, winner of B gets 90 points etc. TQ gets extra 1 point.

However I hope we all acknowledge this is supposed to be a bit of fun over the winter which is the general view I seem to be getting from the posts above as everyone seems fairly relaxed?

If that is the case then I really hope we can see some common sense prevail which is why I say By Default at the start of point 1 above. If we have say 14 drivers in a particular class at a meeting and the 9th and 10th qualifiers would prefer/are happy to race in the B final to have a better race with others of similar speed and make a better race for the others in the B then I really cannot see why a sensible conversation cannot be had at the end of qualifying. This should not affect anyone else as the drivers in the A final cannot lose any points as a result and the other drivers in the B could potentially gain a couple as the winner of the B would then get 92 points.

Remember - its good to talk.

Hope this resolves all the trouble Cammers has caused

Rob
This all sounds good to me RobW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidzilla View Post
I can say with absolute certainty that I will be in the B final every time.. Usually the slowest or there abouts at any meeting..

Racing in a 4 car B final really isn't racing at all and feels really anticlimactic after a session of practice.

If it was 14 cars racing in one class, and Q9/10 do not want to go B final, would a 14 car final be an option? Rostrum would be cuddly, but I would rather that than be part of a 4 car final.
TBH I think any more than 10 cars in a final would be pushing it both on the rostrum and on the track but the plan outlined by Rob (W) above should serve to prevent the 4 car B Final which none of us like ending up in. A bit of discussion after qualifying should sort it in most cases