View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm_2008 View Post
having just raced in the iconic cup (tamiya eurocup revival) I had a reminder of how entertaining and tight a spec / stock class can be.

I do think 13.5 blinky would be a good choice, but we don't know how slow the cars will be on a grass surface - they might be too slow as some have already pointed out.

As far as tyres are concerned, less power = less tyre wear. Less power will also result in fewer breakages & less maintenance.

We could even go nuts and propose the use of harder compounds to drive down costs even further - schumacher still do blue compound minispikes...

The class could provide an entry point for beginners and also allow people to use older equipment. I suspect the racing will / would be incredibly close and fun

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddkA...ature=youtu.be - 17:20 for the start of the stock A final - check out how close it is!
I agree 13.5 blinky would be good it would come back to old fashioned gear ratios and a control tyre like a blue would be excellent for close racing