View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008
Mad Member

I have found a lot of the same issues with model shops over the years. I find that even if I have the correct manufacturer and part number the worst shops still do not understand. I remember going to one particular shop which mainly does flying models but do sell some boats and cars asking for a motor coupling for a MFA Spear boat with a 10cc Irvine marine engine and the response was that that engine was very big for a boat!!! They have not seen my others then as one has a 15cc glow engine and the other runs a 23cc petrol engine. It really does make a difference if the person behind the counter is a modeller and is enthusiastic about it and not one of the latest ready to run bregade. As soon as I get the comment "what is it for" I know that I may not get anywhere. I like going into different shops asking for items that they would never even think of using for models and the look that they give is so funny. The last one I remember was when I purchased some Shoe Goo! I have to say that I have had fantastic service from MK, DMS, Microtech, DC Racing and Modelsport.