Thread: Setups
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012

Hi Guys,

Have only run the X6 for 3 meetings now but I seem to be suffering from oversteer to the point that the car feels really unbalanced and quite unpredictable to drive. I’m guessing this is partly down to building it up in the T config Lipo set-up. To be honest the reason I chose this as opposed to saddle was it was the only way to fit my enormous core receiver in See my car in the ‘show me your X6’ thread last week.

Running only at Coventry which is a high grip, medium bumpy astro track with very worn cut staggers on the front and yellow mini spikes on the rear as per 99% of the competition.

Initial set-up was as per Dan Greenwoods Martime Raceway sheet but I realise he was using a stubby rather than T there but it’s not far of Ellis’ 2012 EPR anyway. Since then in an attempt to reduce steering I’ve taken servo weights out, (only brass bulkhead left) reduced front camber and reduced steering lock but it can still roll it on the slowest of hairpins. I have no confidence at all to push.

If I am to be racing most of the time at Cov would it be a good idea to move to saddles or do you think I should just persevere with set-up changes first? Any suggestions? I'm a smooth, steady driver, rather than have Ellis speed thumbs, and I guess I'm saying if I went back to saddles and added weight to the front (pre T) basically would it be easier to drive? It's not as if I'm at nationals and having to push the X6 to 110% to keep up with the competition.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by maineyak; 01-07-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: re read