Thread: Setups
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012

Hi all.

I have just ordered a X6 squared conversion kit, and would like to enquire on a few setup related questions in advance of receiving it. Many thanks in advance for your help...

A little background - I race 1/10 buggies on non permanent indoor carpet tracks. Layout is different every time, but they are typically tight with a few jumps (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcUCE...eature=related ).

A majority of people use 10.5T modified motors, massive power is not required. More importantly, tires are imposed and are not great for carpet, they're probably more appropriate for clay (and still probably not the best...) HPI Fullslot front and HPI Megabites rear - no minipins allowed, so grip is good but not as high as it could be.

Finally, because we build the tracks late on evenings before races and for the race only, there is really no time to chase setups... you have to start close, hence my queries, I'm a bit scared starting a car I don't know without a half decent setup...

I also run (but not race) on larger outdoor astro tracks, but for that I have a specific car (well for now...); my focus is really on those tight indoor tracks.

That being said:

1. My "donor" car is a B4.1 FT Worlds edition, with the aluminium rear hubs, and I am currently using the "C tower with shaved U-brace" mod, which works quite well on carpet. Will there be any point in keeping those hubs and/or the C-hub-shaved-u-brace mods, or should I just use the B44 hubs supplied with the conversion kit?

2. A couple of setups I'm considering as a starting point (e.g. Ellis Stafford - Area 51) require the E Speed camber links, which are unfortunately out of stock - any alternative to running that?

3. Based on my reading, I was considering the T-Saddle LiPo configuration as the most appropriate. I however currently only have stick packs (heavy 6400mah ones!) and before I buy some saddles (or shorties?), could someone confirm that the T-saddle will bring meaningful advantages over the "standard pack across" configuration? Or I should take it easy and not bother at this stage?

Many thanks in advance,
Nick