View Single Post
Old 30-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
Hi All

Really struggling indoors with my 22 4.0 with forward traction on cactus tyres when trying to apply power out of corners. Base setup is a copy of tyreman on here. I have laid my rear shocks down, thickened the rear oil in shocks to 500, blue associated rear springs, diff oil increased from 3k to 10k. (running optional gear diff) and thickest rear roll bar and lowered ride height to 16mm. All this helped a bit and had my best run, however if i am going round any kind of corner it feels like the inside wheel just spins up. If i am straight it is ok, just cant apply power coming out of corners. I think it is diffing out and lifting the inside wheel a bit. When i changed the gear oil from 3k it almost smelt burnt! Any ideas?
Sounds like you need to soften the rear roll bar or lower the rear roll centre or stiffen the front roll bar or raise the front roll centre. Sounds like the car is pitching which with the stiff rear end is lifting the inside rear tyre. Let the rear lean a little more and that will help keep the tyres in contact with the ground.