Thread: New venue
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is great news, especially if the bigger area does allow you to run 1/10th buggy heats.
Fairly sure that you'd see at least one heat of buggies every week if you were to run them, probably more like 2. I'd definitely be up for coming back to the club again as, like Adam, I just wasn't getting what I needed from the GT12 cars even if they were good fun (still have mine, probably should sell it sometime).

If you do run buggies can I make a couple of suggestions please, all aimed at protecting the carpet?

Shock tower protectors (bit of bent lexan would be fine) to stop the towers / shock screws damaging the carpet in a roll over, at least front tower but also rear if car doesn't sit on it's wing when inverted.

No car to be run without the front bumper.

Minimum 15mm ride height, will keep cornering speeds down and the cars handling properly.

I know you guys are always protective of your carpet and so you should be at the price of the stuff
The above rules have worked well for other indoor clubs I've been to and the buggy & TC/pan car guys have both been uncompromised.

Please let me know if this does work out and I'll do my best to spread the word to local 1/10th buggy drivers.