Thread: BJ4WE Slipper
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2007

Default BJ4WE Slipper

Hi guys, I need your help.
I raced my BJ4WE this weekend and twice during the meeting the slipper clutch came loose.
I have never experienced that problem before but this weekend the entire slipper was brand new so I figure I must have built it wrong somehow.

After it had loosened the first time, I took it apart, replaced the screw, steel nut and spring with new ones and also flipped the pads so that the unused side would be "slipping" to make sure I would not have problems with the glassy surface of the side that had slipped excessively.

I then loctited, the inside of the steel nut with a needle and put everything together.

On the last A-final it came loose again...

Can someone please share with me, and maybe others, details on how to build and set up the BJ4WE slipper clutch correctly so that we don't need to feel worried about it coming loose?

And if I need to loosen the slipper to have more "slip" during a meeting, how do I then make sure it does not come loose after the adjustment?

I would also like to take the opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to all you guys on the forum contributing to help out, you are all fabulous!!

Regards,
Roy