View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011

The key to a successful class is for everyone to feel that they had a good race with someone else. in some cases it's the case of finding a "rival" whom you know that on any given week the results will be close between the two of you.

When the numbers dropped off a bit in TC gaps started appearing in the ability range and thats when people started to feel like they either had to have all the gear to keep up with some of the others or not bother at all.

I was a big supporter of the street spec and ran my car as often as I could like that to try and help the class grow. It turned out that I had some very good races with a few other drivers who wern't necessarily running the same spec but the pace of our cars were similar.

I'd like to propose that for the future of the TC class is to do something similar to the West Suffolk club (which is technically my more local club) and go down the route of 13.5 without dynamic dyming or 17,5 and below with free option on timing. I think you'll find 17.5 with timing is a little bit faster overall but it's that much harder to drive that the people who can go faster with 17.5 turbo are those who would already be the fastest with 13.5 non turbo.

It's a shame about the street class not working out because the rule set was a good one. The Carpet dragons do give a decent amount of grip but you can't simply throw a set on with the rest of your setup as per slicks with additive.

Whatever happens I'll be back soon (I've not been able to race in such a long time) with a TC ready in whatever specification we all decide and possibly something else too...