View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Good eye spotting this ! I was wondering as we took the pics whether someone would notice...

As Chazz and Elvo have posted, it's something we're working on currently and seems to be going well. Originally a few team drivers had taken the stock tower and carefully dremeled it and the bulkhead to mount it forward while leaving the stock camber link locations. This was done mostly to move the wing forward.

After seeing it in person, I thought it could be made better by making a whole new tower that incorporated the inner CL mounts. As the team has run the car and developed set-ups we've learned quite a bit about that rear ballstud location. Int his new tower the ballstud mounts into vertical slots with defined locations. The shock holes are all the same as the normal XF 3313 rear shock tower. So far I really like the way the car looks going around the track - this moves the rear wing much closer to over the rear wheels, and the whole package looks more natural.

As Dan points out, I'm also running the short battery; I find it gives the same advantage as running saddle packs but only took some slight dremeling on the battery strap to clear the plugs. My car is around 1550g ready to race, split at 65 to 66% rear. I haven't actually re-done the weight in my car since switching to Viper, but so far everything's felt VERY good.