View Single Post
Old 19-07-2011

Well McMike, I hope you can make something happen. It would do us Shuey fanatics a great service.

But allow me to throw a monkey wrench into the gears if I may. As you may already know there are 4 versions of the tub chassis. Topcat, Cougar 1, Club 10 and Cougar works. They are all the same shape but have small differences. As has already been mentioned Topcat has 5 extra holes. 2 for shocks, 2 for servo mounting and an extra for the front plate mounting. Club 10 has extra holes for the mechanical speed control and the works chassis has different gearbox holes and rear suspension cutaways.

Because Fibre-Lyte has CATS works chassis, if they use this as a template standard cougar 1/Topcat gearbox will not fit without drilling new holes.

You may want to confirm that they are using a purple chassis as a template before you make your order.

One option would be to have them drill the forward gearbox holes and leave the aft holes filled to allow the customer to decide which gearbox they will use.