Thread: Entry fees
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick don View Post
And just one more point i would like to make is nitro is the future and savior of this sport, its a much more spectator friendly thing due to the sheer spectical of the sport. I would if i was not involved in the racing wathcing nitros racing would be more appealing than electrics, it will always attract a bigger crowd and potentally more members in my opinion. Electric was the thing years ago when that was the only option now there is another option and its much more exciting, move with the times boys.
HA HA, interesting thoughts for sure. Nitro is definitely NOT the future as you put it. Just a couple of negative points here that may make you retract the above comments.

1. Nitro is loud, smelly and certainly not relaxed. Its also the reason clubs loose their local tracks due to noise complaints. I do believe this is the reason your local club has got no track this season. So how does nitro help support your club then??

2.Most people only race nitro's outdoor during the summer, except fot the hardcore racer. So even if you get a full turnout during the summer months that's still only 50% of the year. And that doesn't include canceled meting's due to weather.

3.It may draw a bigger crowd as its more of a spectacle to watch, but exactly how much revenue does that bring in. Let me think......0. Nobody pays to watch the racing do they?

Lets not start to drive a wedge here between nitro and electric. We have to work together in our small region that is the WRCA. I personaly have done nitro and now electric, and i personaly prefer electric. But im certainly not going to bash nitro's as i can see why people enjoy them and its their choice to run them. So can we stop bashing electrics as they also bring in a large revenue to many clubs. In fact, aren't they the only revenue your local club currently has??

Jamie......