View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ok got a bit confused, thought it was a fireblade conversion, sorry. I think though the chassis was the same on both cars so you could have converted it.

Box shows the owners 13yr old son's result. He was an ok driver. It didnt mention some Welsh league A final wins when Craig Harris drove it and you have to account for the fact he was up against Jon Leonard (3rd in europe and multiple national a finalist) and Jon Tucker (Kidderminster 2wd national winner and also multiple national a finalist) and both top ten in the uk. In my opinion Craig was the best driver at the time on carpet, just unlucky at certain events.

Still the original car wasnt great (Ben Sturnham won the A at the British GP so was an exception) but the fabiix conversion made it better. Even with a poor setup it went well. I think if i recall made 56 at the British GP after the basildon worlds where 30 of the best drivers in the world attended so was quite chuffed considering id never raced this car at all before and didnt have time to set it up before the event. Brian Kinwald took interest in it and came over to investigate and had a good chat with him. Very nice chap.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS