View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018

Send a message via MSN to restimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
The woman who was selling the parts on Facebook was Yanina, wife of owner of Team Xtreme.

Hello Ron, nice to see you still around

On everything asked.... loooooooooong story there

I went into it In detail, as did a few others. It’s all a moot point now though tbh.

As a few people know, I re-tooled all the x11 plastic/composite parts years ago ( all updated over the originals ) bar the chassis, did a lot of testing, some with Northy ( my new parts were/are much improved in numerous areas ) and was going to offer them for sale - then the Pred values went through the roof, people stopped running them and they have almost turned into pension investments lol... So I never bothered. I had also managed to find another ball diff to fit the car, and on Northys insistence I was just starting to manufacture a better prop shaft & slipper, and adapt a another manufacturers gear diff into it when I stopped.

Plan was to offer my new parts to keep people’s Preds running, then move onto the X13 & 14 which I had designed on paper but never got further with.

I made two new x11 Evo prototypes, I have the only fully-modded one, Northy has another which is a part-modded one. Easily noticeable, they are mostly all-white Preds.

I’ve spoken with numerous people over the years - some still active on oople - about either buying TX and/or re-launching the Pred which is possible of course, but you would need a fair amount of dosh to do so successfully. You could cobble something together on a limited budget, but if your going to do it, do it right.

There is a ‘new’ laydown suspension buggy being launched soon-ish apparently, and sounds brilliant if it works as well as it sounds. And it has some similar sounding features that I wanted to put into later Pred versions as well. Great minds think alike ! Hopefully it will be a cracker and work well from the box. Here’s hoping.

explain this new parts, i use again my x11, i mod all transmission, for use the diff of team c. but if you have other project i'm interest.