View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014

Neal.
I see where you are coming from with the marshalling, and you're right. But as you know getting people out to marshal on time is always tricky. Doing it this way the only people that are penalised for not marshalling is the team the marshal belongs to.
There could also be slow marshalling "tactics" employed if we were to marshal each others cars. I know this is unlikely, but I've seen plenty of people screaming at marshals for not moving fast enough in the past. Doing the marshal your own team rules this out.
Having 5 marshal points clearly marked for each team, and issuing penalties for an empty spot may be a solution. But what happens if the marshal is stood there fixing their own teams car and dosent marshal another as a result? Penalty point? How many? How long does the spot need to be empty before a point is given? A team can have more than one marshal on the track if they feel a driver is struggling. There are 4 in a team, 1 driving, 3 marshalling!

I'd like to keep it as simple and flowing as possible, watching for driver changeovers and swaps is going to be enough I think.

I think as long as the track is simple, wide, well taped down and easy to drive we should be able to cope.

A pathway at the side of the track is a great idea. That should defiantly happen.
Also an area for the cars to be pulled into for driver changes / battery changes should also be incorporated into the track. That way we ar'nt getting in the way of cars on the track. REMEMBER ONLY ONE CAR FROM EACH TEAM ON THE TRACK AT ANY ONE TIME!