Thread: Coventry setup
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
I've tried under servo weights in 39 and 72 grams and under lipo weight in 62 and 90 grams. Every combination of the above work but at the moment I'm running 20 grams of weight as far forward in the nose as possible and that's all, the car is really agile like this and certainly won't suit everyone but I love the way it handles like this.
That's an interesting concept running so little weight, the front end when i watched you go round seemed planted. Currently i'm running 65g of weight in the front with 50 grams on top or around the servo in my monkey & have 15g sat in the tray where the electrics are sat. On the rat chassis i always ran with 70 grams of weight all around the servo, in the kickplate etc & added a scoop cut from lexan or plasticard going from the front bumper plate up to the top of where the shocks fit to the tower.. this helped a lot as with the rear motor configuration i found the car needed a bit extra to push it down on high speed straights, going into sweeping bends or to ensure it was more agile in the air, with the monkey configuration the chassis weight is more balanced so it's all about keeping the front end stable i find rather than pushing the front end down into the ground.