View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019

Don't rule out an Xray XB4 - I run a 2016, you can pick these up for around £100-150 2nd hand.

I've just started up again last year after a 30 year layoff so know it can be a bit "eh?" with all the new tech. Are you buying new or 2nd hand? Nothing wrong with tons of 2nd hand stuff, everything I race is 2nd hand bar a couple of sets of tyres

ESC - most sensored ones are good these days, right at the budget end there's a Chinese clone on ebay called a TSKY 120 going for about a tenner. Had one in my lad's car for a year and still going strong. Bit up the ladder there's the Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL120 which is around £40 new, only downside it it doesn't have turbo but does have boost. For a tenner or 20 more you're into the realms of 2nd hand Corally, HW, Orion ESCs.

Motor - again good bargains 2nd hand, I started with a 10.5 and it was plenty fast to start with - remember you can make a slow motor faster with turbo and boost but can't make a mental motor slower. Hobbywing, LRP, Orion, Muchmore, REDS and loads of others out there.

Lipos - shorty, around 4500mAh. Can be bought 2nd hand for a tenner upwards each. Two minimum for race days, one charging other in use. Depending on charger they take around 25-40 mins to charge again depending how much was took out of them. Again most big brands are good - Centro, Absima, IP, Ludicrous, Orion.

Servo - I like Savox stuff, I use a 1258TG. There's one for sale in the electrics sub section, around £30.

Don't forget radio - I've always liked Futaba stuff, all depends on if you are a wheel or sticks man.