View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

DMC-12? Whats going on with your profile dude? DCM?

Well you did pick a crappy A****nn (no brand names mentioned), and I understand your gripes as although ive never owned one (I did consider it), Ive heard enough complaints through the shop to know they're garbage and anyone wanting advice gets my honest opinion as I don't do bullshit, and the shop doesn't get repeat custom if the customers decide the advice is bullshit.

There is getting what you pay for vs fit for purpose, and which one of those the A**** car is, is debatable... Cars so bad are actually very bad for the image of RC car racing, I know of a few customers who've chosen something terrible, had nothing but constant issues and returned it - with a clear intention of never wanting another RC car.

Whereas the Maverick, Id give it a fair chance before judging it. As long as they can make something fit for purpose for that money, then it won't be a waste of plastic. I don't think itd live up to SC10 speeds nor handle the same stresses if someone with a little experience tries to race it, but as long as a novice can zigzag between the barriers without it breaking then it's great.