View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012

Default Schumacher SST rally sport for racing?

Hi All,

About 12 years I got a Schumacher SST off my parents as a present. I used it then put it away for a few years. Last summer I got it out to try drifting. It was fun so I put in a 13T ezrun for just playing with rubber and drift tyres. Anyway, the drive belts both wore out so I stopped using the car and got a cheapo Ansmann ARE-2. It handled terribly but had gear diffs and shaft drive so was pretty much zero maintainance.

I now want to go racing at Adur Rc in the 17.5T sportsman class. I've already bought a budget brushless system (the cheapest that is on the white list) and need a car for it to go in. I really don't have much money for this (my 1/8 scale buggy and 1/10 scale SCT have broken me)

Is it worth me spending £20 on the belts to get the SST up and running again or should I look for a cheap Mi1? Also bear in mind that as the rally SST I need to buy a front bumper for it (£13)

Or are there any other cars I should consider. I don't mind maintainence but I do mind things like expensive belt replacements and diff rebuilds.

Ideally I'd want to drive a shaft drive gear diff car but I don't think theres anything vaguely competitive.

Help would be appreciated.

Tim