Thread: Setups
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2009
Mad Member

well, thanks for the thinking, KevLee

I had to read your post several times before I could understand it all, but it does indeed make sence.
Yesterday, I started prepping my car and worked very late, just to have everything OK.
I drove in a local competition today, not so high level of competition, but much fun, on a bumpy grass-track.

I used your (KevLee) Stickpack starting setup on a local track: a grass-track.

The setup worked as a charm.
I had some problems, finding the right tyres for the wet grass (it was raining all morning), but it worked out with some Shum Full SPikes and minispikes when the track was getting dryer.

I finished 2e but I have to admit the level of competition was not that high.
Later on, a friend, who used to drive an X10 some years ago, and who won the competition today, tested my X11-08 (short pushrod, stickpack, new steering parts) and he was positivly amazed.
When he test-drove my pred it was clear he was running much quicker with my X11 then he did all day with his Tamiya 501
He admitted a lot of progress had been made with the actual X11-08, since his X10 and told me he was hesitating to order a Pred once again.

And once again, I had no breakage on the pred. I make it an isue of driving as clean (and fast) as possible, without braking my limits, getting my Pred to the finish, every time. Just to prove people wrong when they say the Pred is "brittle" car
but my driving skill ... well they are improving, but I'm not there yet lol