View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
One of the gun forums i use has a donation system, you don't have to donate but your name is highlighted in a different colour if you do. They have a target of £100 per month and they reach it every month.

Also, could the sales post be moderated and not show in the section until a Mod or Admin has authorised it. That way you know all sales have been seen by admin and are good to go.
There is a donate link at the top right hand side of the page if you’ve missed it
The problem with moderating every post is the time, I don’t get the tame to get on as much as I’d like so then you’d end up with a backlog and then annoyed people who’s posts have taken an age to be approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Certainly agree with the principle, but what do you do when you've marked an item as sold and people still drop you messages weeks later asking if it's available, or will you take a random amount etc?
I try to mark my items as SOLD as soon as money has changed hands, but still get people asking about them a long time after. I don't delete the content, but like to change the price in the add to SOLD as well in an attempt to avoid non relevant messages.
I can see why people delete the whole thing, since no-one will drop you a message once sold that way.
There is only so many times you can respond saying sold as marked. To me not responding is rude, so still do but hopefully you see my point...
Maybe if we want the adds to remain as they where for reference, then as soon as an item is marked as SOLD, the contact seller option should be removed? That way hopefully both purposes are served.
I’m not sure if the option can be removed, if it was just from the sales page people could still just search the user and message them from there.

I personally like people leaving the whole post up with prices just marked sold then you can use them for future reference on priceing your own stuff. I think we could look at reducing the server load by deleting older posts because you can go back quite a way on the old for sale posts with pics too.