View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
Actually if you want to get technical there are a lot of research that show training your brain and reflexes in other but similar disciplines yields better results as it stimulates the brain.

I recently read an article about a longbow archer who tried to improve his accuracy, he found that other forms of trajectory training helped his brain adapt and stimulated measurable neural growth/activity. He threw all sorts of things, darts, knives, rocks etc. and even used his wrong hand. Although he initially regressed slightly he soon surpassed his best ever results.

It's a bit like improving the software for the program that executes that function in your brain. It's too easy to plateau on one sport/activity, you need to keep the brain challenged and it adapts.

Now, I have no idea if any of this nonsense applies to RC or not but I have totally convinced myself that it does and it's entirely the excuse I used with the wife for buying yet another car so I won't be told otherwise

I completely agree with that Carl, but if that archer ONLY threw knives with his other hand for doing this he would only sharpen himself for doing that eventually.

trying lots of different sports that are similar to the one you do helps for sure.

just like I believe playing xbox or playstation sharpens you up for RC, its all thumb/hand-eye co-ordination with no motion feedback