View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013

Default Jumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
The problem as I see it is that people always say they want stuff, but then they don't like it when they get it....

The track isn't flat. Its got more jumps than Southport for a start - the difference is that Southports track banks up towards the back. Also Southport has more bumps, which substitute for jumps.

Whilst on the subject of Southport, people grumble that Bury is all one surface, but at Southport they complain about tyre wear instead. Because the new track lacks the cobbles of the old one tyres last forever - you can't have it both ways.

My concern is that more than a few people have told me that the 'Death or Glory' ramp on the old track was what nearly killed the club - because getting it wrong meant a broken shock tower. But that is exactly the sort of thing gets built when you ask people what they want.
In fact the double jumps on the old track that took roger and stu ages to do some members came and dug them up lol it's not all bowt what people think because sumone always have diff view and my view a prem table top be mistake when we have 2 wooden 1s both diff sizes sure people can have ideas that arnt expense and easy to try maybe a diff type surface on the track?