Thread: X60 getting hot
View Single Post
Old 28-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
I am running blinky for that reason Neil,

The slipper sounds and feels loose when driving but is good initially I have put the slipper problems to heat for the time being as new pads were,installed last night, but I will check the diff and hubs and end bell for timing as I have over looked that.

What size spur with that Darren? Would you prefer it with my vampire 7.5 in too!.?

I have noticed the motor plate is slightly bent could this be another factor?

Thanks for all your help guys, few things to check and do.
Remove the pinion and check the drivetrain is free and spins well, with the wheels on. Any binding in gears, ceased bearings in gearbox or at axles or gear mis-alignment could cause unnecessary load on the motor. Is the motor plate bent such that the pinion to spur mesh is rather tight, or making the teeth out of alignment, so something is going to wear (spur)?

Use Darren's suggested gearing, 17-19 tooth pinion with the 81 tooth spur (as I read his response).

Set the motor can timing to 0 deg, noting what it's set to now. Can timing in blinky mode can be critical. TP motors can have upto 50deg of can timing, which is a lot!
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------