View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013

Default oOple's Vintage Motor Library; The Brushed Era

Well we can all agree that today all brushed motors are now a thing of the past so I guess it seemed logical to create this thread in the vintage forum.
The idea is to create a library of ALL brushed motors with specs, pictures, tales, fails & small scale fires, racing history, etc... I bet there are some people here who would like to share a thing or two. So let us know which was you personal favorite, with what motor you beat who, infamous motors, special windings, secret brush cuts, tips, etc...

Right of the bat I'll start by telling a short tale about Venom's Fireball motors... you can guess right away what happened... the name saids it all. Right in the middle of a heat a brand new Fireball 15t motor literally catched fire!!! What a piece of krap! At least it gave the track a bit of drama LOL

One of my personal favorites, and not really that old, is Reedy's Challenger 19Turn motor... excellent duration and plenty of power

PS: Those Reedy's 19T Challenger motors are capable of 47,000 rpms @ 7.2V with some brush tunning, timming and 12.8 amp draw, bit high but with an estimated 76% efficiency. Not bad for a 19T, those are really good motors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VN1312-2.jpg (33.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Challenger 19.jpg (10.6 KB, 10 views)

>>My Trader Feedback<<