View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiman View Post
Exactly that!

It's the first time I ever saw those Kyosho's REV 360 motors, what was their application?

NeilD, I am intrigued, what is the history & specs about the HPI UNO motors? I know that they where on Massami's Schuey's but that's about it. Where they were that good?

Not long ago I built this guy as an experiment, just for laughs. Not exactly a bomb shell but it performed really good. I called it; "The 15x8 Gardy's Special". 32,552 rpms @ 7.2V with 5.07 amp / 35 watts draw, ball bearings, with an estimated efficiency of 76%. Dont remember the wire gage though.

The other guy was a Thunder Tiger 550 based motor (still labeled as a 19T) which I made it a 12x1 and got from it 33,089rpms @ 7.4V(simulated Lipo) with 5.3 amp draw, no bb's. Pretty good rmps for a no bb and 550 rotor motor.
I don't know too much about their motors but I did find some information on their early history:

Hobby Products International

The company, originally an export firm, was founded in 1986 by Tatsuro Watanabe and a partner, each with a total investment of US$100 each. Their original office in Costa Mesa, California measured only 300 square feet (28 m2). A line of electric R/C motors called the Uno series were among the first products offered by HPI. Buoyed by the success of the Uno, HPI opened a small office in Japan that same year.
1987 would see world champion driver Masami Hirosaka use an Uno in his first IFMAR World Championship win in England.
By 1988, the burgeoning RC aftermarket proved to be a boon to HPI USA as they started exporting popular American-made R/C products to Japan, including such familiar brands as MIP, Peak Performance and Paragon.

I'll try and find specs for the motor.