View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.C Raceway View Post
Due to the non event of mmrx i have just acetoned tyres off and put on new rims. Perfect!
Admit that series could do with another dirt round. Rhr dirt is always an option and make other dirt venue run same tyres. Keeps it simple and cheap.
Coventry always host a great meet. So lets just get on with it, same for everyone.
It is the same for everyone... doesn't mean that it's not a bad call and an expensive days racing, from chhatting to a fair few past championship drivers on Sunday it has put off a fair few drivers from going to this round including myself, which is why i brought it up.

If there were more dirt rounds and control tyres so its not a big gamble and local knowledge advantage for some drivers then i would buy the tyres and attend the meeting with my newbie Nephew in tow for his first season of SCT racing.

As it is there are a handful of completely different patterned tyres recommended, good chance with our weather it won't happen last minute as in many past seasons and anyone new or changed trucks over the seasons has to splash out on expensive tyres for one meeting in a championship, from past experience they just end up sat in pit box gathering dust.