Thread: TRF Dyna Storm
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009

Cheers Guys, glad you like it

If anyone is thinking of doing the 501x rear end, you cannot use the 501x CVD's & hubs with the standard length suspension arms, as on optimum droop they fall out of the outdrives... Thats the main reason why i made shortened rear arms slightly, but you can get the same track width again with some minor shimming and use of the modified Tamiya pin/hex adaptors.

Im not really interested in selling them or offering it as a kit tbh, but if anyone needs some individual spares i could knock out a few parts if anyone really wants to repair & race theirs and cannot get hold of any spares. If its plastic, standard or modified, i've got all the moulds kicking around. If you want to know what and what dosent work on the Dyna Storm, PM me here and ill go through the options with you.

I also found the standard MDC clutch handles the power fine, its just harder to set than the 501x clutch and harder to keep consistent... Basically you have to de-glaze the old fibre disks after a few runs. Easy enough to do, some 1200 Wet & Dry on a flat surface with water - a couple of circles of each side of the disk's and its fine again. The 501x clutch just takes all that hassle away and is lighter to boot.

We're hoping to have the two new rear motor prototypes running in some of the MAM series races over the winter, as Malc especially is chomping at the bit to race this new version The mid-motor version is a little way off yet though...

And as its running your old Vampire 5200's and 7.5 Motor Dave i suppose its only fair to let you have a go... if only to show up that rubbish old Losi of yours