View Single Post
Old 30-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggyman View Post
Having raced for over 25 years Its been my experience that 10th buggy racing at a club level is far more friendly than at regional or national level. It sometimes seems like unless your sponsored or your last name is Cragg or something then alot of the higher end guys don't want to know you. The snobbery is most certainly there at some places. It was certainly that way 15 years ago at Marston Palmer's IMI club. Everybody used to comment on it. I attended a meeting at Kidderminster quite recently and watched a young lad with a Schumacher cougar having difficulties with the car. He went in the Schumacher tent for help and nobody seemed interested. Yet at the same meeting I watched about four PR team guys running round like crazy to help a newbie. That was nice too see. I know people would always have different opinions on this subject so we can only go by our own experiences.
This does upset me a bit, the team drivers role is to help out with people running their products, for the schuey team to be like that is a disgrace. All team drivers have a duty to promote the sport and help fellow racers where neccasery(sorry for the misspelling)

On another note, i have raced both on and offroad, both friendly and both do have a clique, if your face doesnt fit you wont get help. it was more apparent back in the late 80s/90s when team drivers got the best stuff and were classed as the elite. Nowadays with the elctronics etc being avaliable to all it does level the playing field. But if i can help in anyway shape of form i will. I just recently gave 6 battery packs to a young lad who had just stsrted, i didnt use them so i gave them to him. Treat people how you would like to be treated