View Single Post
Old 17-09-2011

Scott,

I don't know of anyone in the club who wants to run in a modified mardave class, so can't see the point of introducing it. We also need to be realistic in that some parts that don't come with the kits are sensible additions, e.g. Battery holder and bumper, different springs...

In reality I think there are only 2 things that some people are currently running that we might consider saying cannot be used, they are:

1. The z-drive with delrin spur: my personal opinion is that this is a low cost update on what was a pretty narly old spur, does not improve performance, just reliability and perfect for those that leave their car in the box between meetings. I certainly dont think it detracts from the spirit of the class, but if majority of people would like to see them not used, I'm fine with that.

2. The alloy rear motor carrier: a great upgrade but I agree it is expensive and against the spirit of the class. I am happy to see this banned?

Note that neither Robert or Graham are using the z drive and the banning of the alloy motor pod will only see their cars go marginally slower towards the end of the race as the motor overheats.

What other mods are people currently using that you would like to see banned?

Paul